As we enter the month of February, showing yourself some love is more important than ever! Using aromatherapy to support relaxation, self-care, and self-love is a great way to pamper yourself this month.
Read on to find out about my top 7 essential oils, the best carrier oils for dilution, and tips on how to use these for self-care.
What are my top 7 recommended essential oils for your bathroom cabinet?
- Lavender essential oil – Relaxing, therapeutic, supports sleep, and a natural anti-inflammatory
- Camomile essential oil – Refreshing, calming, and relaxing
- Eucalyptus essential oil – Head-clearing, sinus-clearing, and a decongestant
- Peppermint essential oil – Cooling, refreshing, and great for stomach upsets
- Tea Tree essential oil – Supports cold and flu, antiviral and antibacterial
- Bergamot essential oil – Uplifting, refreshing, and relaxing
- Rose essential oil – Soothing, Relaxing, and self-loving
When buying essential oils, always check it’s a pure essential oil. Pure essential oils have no fillers, artificial ingredients, or dilutions. Blended oils can be premixed with other ingredients, other essential oils, and carrier oil.
Always dilute pure essential oils with a recommended carrier oil. The best and safest dilution is 1%, 1ml of pure essential oil to 100ml carrier oil.
What carrier oils would I recommend to complement your essential oils for dilution?
- Sweet Almond oil – Most popular and is best for massages
- Coconut oil – Skin nourishing and great for skin care preparations
- Jojoba oil – Absorbs effortlessly in the skin and does not clog pores
- Olive oil – Great for cleansing and moisturising the skin
- Grapeseed oil – Lightweight and absorbs effortlessly into the skin
Using essential oils for self-care and self-love
Suffering from tension or a headache after a long day?
The best essential oils to use for headaches are Lavender and Camomile. Mix a few drops of lavender and chamomile essential oil with a carrier oil of your choice, following the dilution method. Gently massage this mixture onto the forehead, temples, behind the ears, and down the back of your neck. This will help to ease any tension and settle you into a state of relaxation.
Having an upset stomach?
The best essential oil to use for stomach upset is Peppermint. Mix a few drops of peppermint essential oil with a carrier oil of your choice, following the dilution method. Gently massage this mixture around your navel. You should feel your stomach muscles relax for a more comfortable feeling.
Struggling to breathe with congestion?
A great essential oil to relieve congestion is Eucalyptus. Add 4 drops of eucalyptus essential oil to a bowl of hot water and inhale the steam. Remember to keep your eyes closed!
Got a cut or scrape?
Use Tea Tree essential oil for wounds. First, clean the cut thoroughly. Mix tea tree essential oil with coconut carrier oil and follow the dilution method. Apply a small amount to the wound and cover it with a bandage.
Want to use essential oil to relax and uplift?
Try using Bergamot essential oil for uplifting relaxation. Add a few drops into a diffuser and feel your worries wash away while the happy vibe takes over.
Can’t sleep at night?
Use Lavender essential oil as a sleep aid. Drop a few drops of lavender essential oil on a tissue and fold it in half. Tuck it into your pillowcase for the best night’s sleep.
Want to soak away the day with some self-love vibes?
Use a combination of Rose and Lavender Essential Oils for a self-love relaxing bath. Drop 4 drops of each in a bath of warm water. Sit in, soak, and enjoy!
So which essential oil will you try first?
Vibrations of a Goddess
Our brand, Vibrations of a Goddess, was created to provide wellbeing support and to empower others by equipping them with information and products which evoke mind, body, soul healing, and self-care.